Gift Ideas for your Wedding Party
Your parents, their parents, the bridesmaids and the best man and ushers, they all (hopefully) help you have the most amazing day ever. So you want to say thank you either when you’re getting ready, during the speeches or at some other time. There are traditional gifts like flowers for the mums but for those of you that want to gift something different…read on, I have collected some ideas 🙂
For as long as you have been dreaming about your wedding day there’s a good chance your mum has been too. If her help has been invaluable why not treat her to one of these gifts as a thank you? Same goes for your future mum-in-law or any other maternal figure that has been a big part of your day.
- Overnight bag – If your mum played an integral part in helping you plan your wedding, encourage her to take a much-needed postnuptial holiday with a roomy canvas bag, perfect for a quick weekend getaway.
- A cosy dressing gown – Is there a more perfect way to say, “Thanks for all you do—now go relax!”? I think not.
- A custom illustration – Custom gifts are the way to go for brides seeking something that says a heartfelt “thank you.” Memorialise your special bond with a personalised illustration of your likenesses. (check out The Ricketty Desk for a truly bespoke experience)
- Engraved beauty compact – Pair this sweet little handbag accessory with her favourite lipstick or nail polish for a thoughtful beauty gift she’ll use for years to come.
- Personalised hankie – On your wedding day, waterworks are practically guaranteed—especially from your mother. Give her a pretty crocheted hankie and, for maximum sentimentality, have the gift customised with embroidered names, dates or a monogram.
- Spa experience – Relieve your mum from her mother of the bride/groom duties by giving her the gift of relaxation.
- Special locket or charm – Tuck in a little note or vintage photos of loved ones for a sentimental gift she’ll treasure forever.
- Meaningful Figurine – Like the Willow Tree carved ones are the epitome of sweet sentiment.
- Monthly subscription box – Gin tasting, wine of the month, chocolate tasting…the choices are endless.( check out Bottle in a Box for a wide range of alcoholic gifts)
- Glass or crystal vase – up the ante by giving her flowers already arranged in a beautiful vase, that will last long after the flowers do.
- House Plant – or for the green-fingered mums a house plant or garden plant would be a thoughtful gift.
- Perfume set – her favourite perfume or the one you’ve chosen for your wedding day.
Whether he is walking you down the aisle or providing much needed moral support, here some gift ideas for the main man in your life.
- Overnight bag – Perhaps he and mum can go away for a wee break?
- Personalised handkerchief – give it to him during prep and he can carry it with him all day.
- A decanter – wine or spirits his thing? Help him to show them off in style.
- Wallet – personalise by having his initials monogrammed onto it.
- Monogrammed glasses – for his whisky or other tipples.
- Personalised cufflinks – there are loads of great styles to choose from
- Personalised golf ball set – if your dad is a golfer this could be perfect.
Your bridesmaids have been there for you every step of the way throughout your wedding planning journey. From celebrating your engagement to planning the best hen party ever, you can’t imagine a better group of gals to have by your side for your walk down the aisle. Whether you met them in school, university, or at work—you’ve undoubtedly shared some amazing memories together, and your wedding is no exception!
- Personalised clutch bags – It’s a gift they’ll use for years to come—and they’ll always think of you.
- Anything monogrammed – from coasters to make up bags – who doesn’t like something with their initial(s) on it?
- Jewellery – from tie the knot stud earrings to necklaces to wear with their bridesmaid dresses you can’t go wrong with a bit of bling.
- Pashmina – If your wedding is outdoors or taking place in the evening, a super-soft pashmina is the perfect gift way to say thank you to your bridesmaids.
- Personalised candles – Available in a variety of delicious scents such as lavender peppermint and lemongrass verbena, these modern, budget-friendly candles are the perfect custom gift for your girls. Search on Etsy.
- A personalised mobile phone case – Personalised phone cases offer a modern pop of colour to your bridesmaid’s clutch. They’re the perfect accessory for those impromptu mirror selfies on the big day.
- Engraved beauty compact – see mum’s list above.
Best Man and Ushers
These guys will be there to help the groom during every step of his wedding planning process.
From trying on wedding suits and organising an awesome stag do to giving a hilarious best man speech, there are a whole load of best man and usher duties which might go unnoticed by the other guests.
- Personalised tankard -The glass or metal can be personalised with the groomsman’s role, your wedding date and location. You could also go for pint glasses or rocks glasses.
- Personalised collar stiffeners. They can be engraved with your choice of a message in a selection of fonts, making them truly unique to the recipient. What a lovely idea!
- Wedding socks – a practical gift that can be personalised.
- Beers of the world gift set – What best man wouldn’t be over the moon with a hamper full of beer? This set contains six speciality craft beers which have each been paired with a savoury treat. Once your groomsmen’s wedding day hangovers have subsided, they’ll love tucking into this thank you treat!
- Personalised leather keyring – sites like Not on the High Street have lots of lovely options.
- Personalised cufflinks – See dad’s list above
- Other monogrammed gifts – from hip flasks to belts there is something to suit your guys.
- Beard care kits – no self-respecting hipster would be upset at this gift!
I hope that these ideas give you some inspiration.